We acknowledge that Christ Jesus rules supreme over all and there is none higher than He. His Word is the final and perfect authority for all mankind in all matters that pertain to life and faith. He is the object of our worship, the author of our faith, and the lover of our souls. By these things, we affirm and adopt the following as our Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe that God offers to everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
- We believe in one true God: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe He is self-existent and self-revealing in three divine persons, perfect and infinite in His being, holiness, love, wisdom and power.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by inspiration, are the infallible record of the perfect, final and authoritative revelation of God’s will and work, and contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, revealer of God’s glory, born of a virgin, lived a perfect and sinless life, gave Himself in obedience to the cross as the Lamb of God slain for the sins and penalties of mankind, was raised from the dead and glorified, ascended into heaven as our only Savior and Lord, and He shall come again personally and visibly to raise and translate His Bride, the Church, establish His Kingdom, and raise and judge the dead.
- We believe that man and woman were created by God, made in His image, and due to the transgression of the first man and woman, all became fallen creatures and alienated from fellowship with God with no hope for restoration apart from faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His completed work on the Cross.
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom all those who believe have eternal life, adoption into the family of God, and membership in the Body of Christ; that every spiritual blessing needed for life and godliness is conferred upon all who believe.
- We believe those who reject the gift of God’s grace and are finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost and separated from the presence of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers; that He indwells, seals, empowers, guides, teaches and perfects all those who are born again through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Church has not replaced God’s love for and intentions toward Israel. We strongly affirm our support of Israel and pray for the peace of Jerusalem in accordance with Psalm 122:6 and out of obedience to the whole counsel of the Word.
- Finally, we believe that Christian character and conduct are the evidence of one’s relationship with Christ and one’s life in the community of Christ, that Christians are bound to honor the Word of God in all matters. We believe that the teachings of the Bible on such matters of marriage, divorce, and the sanctity of life are unchangeable, not open for individual interpretation, and stand as forever settled in heaven.
Under the headship of Christ, obedient and faithful to His Word, fruitful by God’s standards, Heart of God International Ministries (HGIM) affirms its calling to be first and foremost evangelical.
Heart of God International Ministries affirms that Christ alone is the Cornerstone on which any and all activities of this ministry are established.
“… Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord” (Ephesians 2:20-21).
As Paul makes clear, there is one gospel:
“Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed” (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 11).
Holding true to the Holy Scriptures and our call to the Great Commission, Heart of God International was founded on Scriptures reflecting our purpose to win the lost, even going to the ends of the earth to seek them out:
How would we show others the way of salvation, wherein “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
“How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world” (Romans 10:9-18).
Realizing that some will hear and still not believe, it is our responsibility to be obedient to Scripture by going and preaching the Gospel, making disciples, and baptizing them.
“Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:18-20).
Also, we know it is the Spirit gives us boldness to proclaim the Gospel.
“And on my behalf, that utterance may be given unto me in opening my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel” (Ephesians 6:19).
Paul prays for open doors so that the gospel might be proclaimed:
“And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains” (Colossians 4:3).
Heart of God International Ministries believes that “success” is measured by God’s standard of obedience. It is not man who makes a “successful” outcome of ministry activity, but it is God alone who builds His Church.
“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).
“But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams” (1 Samuel 15:22).
While we strive to study with and train believers up in His Word, to provide outreach and witnessing opportunities as well as other ways to encourage God’s gifts to be used and believers to be equipped, we believe it is the power of the Holy Spirit alone that empowers His children to do His will. And it is by His Spirit that this ministry goes forward:
“Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit”, says the Lord of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6).
Therefore, by reason of the foregoing, Heart of God International Ministries reaffirms its mission as an evangelical network of ministries responding to the call of God to “go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15).
Dated: March 1, 2015